Shakepaid Giveaway Rules
Last updated: June 1, 2023
The Shakepaid Giveaway (the “Giveaway”) commences at 10:00 A.M. Eastern Time (“ET”) on June 1st, 2023 (the “Giveaway Opening Date and Time”) and ends at 10:00 A.M. ET June 30th, 2023 (the “Giveaway Closing Date and Time”, and the period between is the “Giveaway Period”). The Giveaway is brought to you by and operated by Shakepay Inc. (“Shakepay”), 1800-500 rue Place d’Armes, Montreal Québec, Canada, H2Y 2W2, with its “Website” at https://shakepay.co.
BY ENTERING THE GIVEAWAY, YOU REPRESENT AND WARRANT THAT YOU HAVE READ, AND AGREE YOU WILL ABIDE BY, THESE GIVEAWAY RULES, WHICH SHALL BE POSTED ON THE WEBSITE.
The Giveaway is open to all residents of Canada who have reached the age of majority in their Province or Territory, and have a valid Shakepay account (including a “Shakepay Username”) where their identity has been verified by Shakepay. Additional entry requirements may be found in the “HOW TO ENTER” section below.
Anyone who, as of the Giveaway Opening Date and Time, is: (i) an employee of Shakepay as well as its affiliated companies; or (ii) each of the persons living in their same household, is not eligible to enter this Giveaway.
Anyone who meets the eligibility criteria and has made a valid Entry (as defined in the next section) in the Giveaway shall be deemed a “Participant” in these Giveaway Rules. The entirety of this section as well as any additional entry requirements found in the “HOW TO ENTER” section below may be referred to as the “Participant Eligibility Criteria”.
2. How to enter and entry restrictions
NO PURCHASE IS REQUIRED TO ENTER. To enter the Giveaway, you must do the following:
- 1.You must have a Shakepay account to enter. If you do not have a Shakepay account go to https://shakepay.co or download the “Shakepay: Buy Bitcoin Canada” application from either the Google Play Store or the Apple App Store to create one; and
- 2.You must have a Shakepay Prepaid VisaTM* Card (the “Card”) to enter; and
- 3.You must make an Eligible Purchase using the Card during the Giveaway Period.
Completing these requirements will grant you one chance to win (an “Entry”). For the purposes of the Giveaway, an “Eligible Purchase” shall represent any purchase you make with your Card during the Giveaway Period, which amount is between 0.01$ CAD and 3,000.00$ CAD and which is not subject to being partially cleared. To participate in the Giveaway without making an Eligible Purchase, please send a
FREE written request including your full legal name and your shaketag to: Shakepay Inc., 1800-500 Place d’Armes, Montreal, Quebec, H2Y 2W2, Canada. Each written request such received during the Giveaway Period shall also represent an “Entry”.
3. Description of Prizes
The “Prizes” are granted in Satoshis. One Satoshi is equivalent to 0.00000001 Bitcoins. The value of a Prize in Canadian Dollars is approximate and is calculated using standard conversion rates at the time the Satoshis are awarded. At the time of awarding of the Prizes, the approximate value in Canadian Dollars may vary.
There is a total value of 20,000.00$ CAD in Prizes, of nine (9) types:
- 1.A total of 1,000.00$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 0.01$ and 4.99$ CAD, for a maximum of 100,000 Prizes and a minimum of 200 Prizes.
- 2.A total of 4,000$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 5.00$ and 14.99$ CAD, for a maximum of 800 Prizes and a minimum of 267 Prizes.
- 3.A total of 3,500.00$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 15.00$ and 29.99$ CAD, for a maximum of 233 Prizes and a minimum of 117 Prizes.
- 4.A total of 2,000.00$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 30.00$ and 49.99$ CAD, for a maximum of 67 Prizes and a minimum of 40 Prizes.
- 5.A total of 2,000.00$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 50.00$ and 99.99$ CAD, for a maximum of 40 Prizes and a minimum of 20 Prizes.
- 6.A total of 1,500.00$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 100.00$ and 249.99$ CAD, for a maximum of 15 Prizes and a minimum of 6 Prizes.
- 7.A total of 1,500.00$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 250.00$ and 499.99$ CAD, for a maximum of 6 Prizes and a minimum of 3 Prizes.
- 8.A total of 1,500.00$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 500.00$ and 999.99$ CAD, for a maximum of 3 Prizes and a minimum of 2 Prizes.
- 9.A total of 3,000.00$ CAD in reimbursement of Eligible Purchases of a value between 1,000.00$ and 3,000.00$ CAD, for a maximum of 3 Prizes and a minimum of 1 Prize.
The Prizes shall be in the form of transfers of the amounts indicated above to the Shakepay Account of the selected winner(s). For Participants who enter the Giveaway without making an Eligible Purchase, each selected winner will receive a Prize of the amount of the reimbursement that would’ve been won had the Participant entered with an Eligible Purchase, as further described above.
4. Procedure for awarding Prizes
During the Giveaway Period, throughout each day, several random draws shall be conducted by Shakepay in their offices in Montreal, Quebec from among all eligible Entries received during the Giveaway Period (each, a “Draw”). A Participant drawn must have correctly answered the mandatory mathematical skill- testing question to be declared the winner of the Prize, subject to meeting all the conditions described in these Giveaway Rules including the Participant Eligibility Criteria. Completing all these requirements as well as fulfilling the Participant Eligibility Criteria shall make a Participant a winner.
If an individual winner has fulfilled all the obligations described in this section and fulfills the Giveaway Eligibility Criteria, their Prize will be transferred to their Shakepay account within ten (10) business days after the Draw. A Prize must be accepted as awarded without substitution.
5. General rules
- 1.The Giveaway is void where prohibited.
- 2.You hereby acknowledge and agree that any Prize granted to you by Shakepay under the Giveaway are given without consideration or payment of any kind from you to us. By accepting your Prize, you agree to release Shakepay and its respective parent companies, subsidiaries, affiliates and/or related companies and each of their employees, directors, officers, suppliers, agents, administrators, licensees, representatives, advertising, media buying and promotional agencies (collectively, the “Releasees”) from any and all liability for any loss, harm, damages, cost or expense arising out of participation in the Giveaway, participation in any Giveaway-related activity or the acceptance, use, or misuse of any Prize, including but not limited to costs, injuries, losses related to personal injuries, death, damage to, loss or destruction of property, rights of publicity or privacy, defamation, or portrayal in a false light, or from any and all claims of third parties arising therefrom.
- 3.By entering the Giveaway, Participant releases and holds Releasees harmless from any and all liability for any injuries, loss or damage of any kind to the Participant or any other person, including personal injury, death, or property damage, resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from acceptance, possession, use or misuse of any Prize, participation in the Giveaway, any breach of the Giveaway Rules, or in any Prize-related activity. The Participant agrees to fully indemnify Releasees from any and all claims by third parties relating to the Giveaway, without limitation.
- 4.If a Participant makes any false statement or otherwise violates these Giveaway Rules, (s)he shall be automatically disqualified from the Giveaway. Any action that violates or infringes, misappropriates, any rights of any third party including, without limitation, patent, copyright, trademark, trade secret, or right of privacy or publicity shall also subject a Participant to disqualification from the Giveaway. Any disqualification under these Giveaway Rules shall be at Shakepay’s sole discretion.
- 5.The Releasees assume no liability for any loss, damage or injury, including without limitation: (i) inability of any person to participate in the Giveaway for any reason including technical, computer or telephone malfunctions or other problems with computer on-line systems, servers, access providers, computer equipment, or software; congestion on the Internet or at any website, or any combination of the foregoing; (ii) damage to any person’s computer or device, including as a result of playing or downloading any material relating to the Giveaway; (iii) any delay or inability to act resulting from an event or situation beyond their control, including a strike, lockout or other labour dispute at their location or the locations of the organizations and businesses whose services are used to administer this Giveaway (including but not limited to Shakepay); or (iv) use of a Prize or any losses or damages arising from any activity related thereto.
- 6.Shakepay reserves the right to cancel or suspend this Giveaway should a virus, bug or other cause beyond their reasonable control corrupt the security or proper administration of the Giveaway. Any attempt to deliberately damage the Website or to undermine the legitimate operation of this Giveaway is a violation of criminal and civil laws. Should such an attempt be made, Shakepay reserves the right to seek remedies and damages to the fullest extent permitted by law, including criminal prosecution.
- 8.If the identity of a Participant is disputed, the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the Shakepay Username submitted at the time of entry will be deemed to be the Participant. The individual assigned to the e-mail address for the domain associated with the submitted e-mail address is considered the authorized account holder. A selected Participant may be required to provide proof that (s)he is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the selected Entry.
- 9.Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible Entries. All Entries that are incomplete, irregular, have been submitted through illicit means, using any robotic, automatic programmed method that artificially increases the odds of winning or do not conform to or satisfy any condition of the Giveaway Rules may be disqualified by Shakepay. Shakepay is not responsible for any errors or omissions in printing or advertising this Giveaway.
- 10.Shakepay reserves the right to amend the Giveaway Rules or to terminate the Giveaway at any time without any liability to any Participant. Any amendments to these Giveaway Rules will be posted on the Shakepay Website. Participants are responsible for checking the Giveaway Rules on the Shakepay Website and agree to abide by the most recent Giveaway Rules posted as at the Giveaway Closing Date and Time.
- 11.By entering the Giveaway, you represent and warrant that you have read, and agree you will abide by, the Giveaway Rules. You further agree you will abide by the decisions of Shakepay, which decisions are final and binding on all Participants.
- 12.You agree that you are solely responsible for all data and / or SMS charges that you incur by entering the Giveaway.
- 13.The Giveaway is subject to all applicable federal and provincial laws and regulations.
- 14.Any litigation respecting the conduct or organization of a publicity contest may be submitted to the Régie des alcools, des courses et des jeux for a ruling. Any litigation respecting the awarding of a Prize may be submitted to the board only for the purpose of helping the parties reach a settlement.
- 15.Any failure by Shakepay to enforce any provision of these Giveaway Rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision. The invalidity or unenforceability of any provision of these Giveaway Rules shall not affect the validity or enforceability of any other provision. If any provision of the Giveaway Rules is determined to be invalid or otherwise unenforceable, then the Giveaway Rules shall be construed in accordance with their terms as if the invalid or unenforceable provision was not contained therein.
Shakepay Visa prepaid card is issued by Peoples Trust Company pursuant to licence by Visa Int. *Trademark of Visa International Service Association and used under licence by Peoples Trust Company.